Date: April 20, 2022
5 tips to Maximize Your Time
Do you ever feel overwhelmed, or that you are constantly worrying about important things falling through the cracks? Would you like to stop feeling like you are flying around by the seat of your pants? Business owners know the struggle of being pressed for deadlines and juggling work and home life balance. Utilizing your online calendar to ensure you and your team are on the same page will save you time that you can use towards reaching your business goals. Here are our top tips to help you stay on top of things:
- In Sync– Make sure your team members sync their online calendars. This ensures timely, accurate communication across the board. A huge bonus is that this will sync on all your devices (if they are on the same calendar software). Away from your computer? No problem because you have the calendar on your cell phone. This is a huge time saver, instead of emailing reminders constantly, everyone is on the same page with events, like a team meeting for instance.
- Use the Recurring Events – Do you have a quarterly meeting you need to keep on your radar, so you don’t forget? Time to make your estimated tax payment? Problem solved – use your recurring events to schedule and eliminate double booking. Whether you have weekly, quarterly, or annual tasks – this is a life saver. Create the event and rest easy knowing you won’t forget (you can also set a reminder within the event).
- Schedule Personal Time – If you own a business that is remote based, you know that sometimes it’s hard to shut off work for the day because it’s just a laptop away. You can block out time for work and personal to get more balance between the two. This will help keep you on task and be more present for both work and in your personal life. Use this to schedule doctor appointments, vet appointments for your pets, birthdays, etc. Share it with your family members so that everyone can be on the same page. Managing your time in this way will enable you to focus on the big picture and reach your financial goals, not just get caught up in the day-to-day operations. You can enjoy your personal time more because you know you haven’t forgotten anything!
- Reminders – Use this to help keep your time from getting away from you! Most online calendars have options to set a reminder a certain amount of time in advance – whatever works best for you, whether you set if for 30 minutes before or a day in advance. This is a great way to help you give certain tasks the right amount of time without getting distracted and forgetting other items that need your attention. Use these to make sure you are on time for that client call! You’ll crush that sale and be happy that you had a reminder and time to prepare. This helps your time management and productivity immensely!
- Make time for breaks – It’s no secret that breaks are important and help you unwind. Breaks help decrease your stress and will leave you feeling refreshed. You’ll come back with a good attitude and ready to take on the rest of the day. Taking a break increases your productivity and is important to your mental health – which is vital. Schedule some time for a break so you don’t forget.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you have a lot on your plate. We recommend to our clients that they leverage technology to automate and streamline the process to save them time and help them stay accountable to the goals they are working toward. Don’t get so caught up working IN the business that you forget to work ON your business. The financial Implications of working too much in the business is that you limit your ability to grow, lose sight of how everything is performing, pay more than you should for things, and not make as much as you would if you had dedicated time to work ON your business. Having a Virtual CFO in your corner will give you a professional sounding board and ensure you have the time to work ON your business and your goals. If do not have one but would like to, we are happy to help. Click here to schedule with one of our business experts today.